MIAMI COUNTY — Miami County Agricultural Society’s popular food truck rally event will make its return to the Miami County Fairgrounds on May 22.
Rally chair Roberta Jacobs confirmed the announcement this week. Jacobs said the committee has already heard from more than 30 food trucks who plan to attend.
The food truck rally will be open to the public from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, May 22 at the Miami County Fairgrounds. The event does not have an entrance fee. The food truck rally serves as the society’s fundraiser with all proceeds going towards improvements of the grounds and its annual operating expenses.
MCAS President Nick Shellenberger said, “We’re moving forward with planning for the food truck rally. Of course, we’ll be working with the health department to make sure all guidelines are followed. Those guidelines have not been released to us yet in detail.” Shellenberger said the committee was given the green light to continue to plan for the event by the health department. Shellenberger said more details regarding public health protocols will be released as the event nears.
Jacobs said this year’s planning is “tricky” since it crosses over several event sectors including food, adult beverage service, festival, and entertainment — all of which have varying safety protocols.
“We are in the planning stages. A good percentage of food trucks who planned to come last year are coming back this year — so we are happy to welcome them back,” she said.
“It’s grown each year so we’re excited to have it back,” she said. The Miami County Agricultural Society started its food truck rally tradition in 2015, adding more trucks, entertainment, and vendors every year.
For more information, visit www.miamicountyohiofair.com or follow them on Facebook.