Information provided by the Miami County Health Department.
• End Zone Sports Lounge LLC, 601 E. Broadway St., Covington — Facility does not have an employee with manager certification in food protection. At the time of inspection, facility could not provide proof of an employee with a manager certification in food protection.
Re-use of single-service or single-use articles. Observed the facility reusing sour cream containers for food storage. Containers are not to be re-used.
Plumbing system does not comply with the Ohio plumbing code. A consult will be done with the MCPH’s chief plumbing inspector to address issues.
Ventilation system not maintained. Hood vent filters were observed with a thick grease build up. At the time of inspection, hood vent filters on the far left side were missing.
Inadequate number of handwashing sinks.
Equipment not approved by a recognized testing agency. Observed two residential chest freezers, a residential crock pot, and a residential microwave being used in the facility at the time of inspection.
Corrected during inspection; critical: TCS foods not being hot held at the proper temperature. At the time of inspection, house made beer cheese was being held at 115 F. Upon making the PIC aware the beer cheese was discarded. Hot held foods must be held at 135 F or above.
Corrected during inspection; critical; repeat:
Refrigerated, ready-to-eat, TCS foods not properly date marked. At the time of inspection, a cut loaf of ham was not date marked. Sauces in squeeze bottles in the walk-in cooler were not date marked at the time of inspection. Upon making the PIC aware, the items were date marked.
Ready-to-eat, TCS food not properly discarded when required. At the time of inspection, cooked BBQ beef was date marked for 3/11. Upon making the PIC aware, the BBQ beef was discarded.
Critical: Presence of live insects, rodents, and other pests. Rodent droppings were observed in the lower cabinets across from the grill line. Droppings appear to be old, ensure droppings are cleaned up with wet cleaning methods.
• Speedway, 4 Weller Drive, Tipp City — Repeat:
No written procedures for responding to vomiting or diarrheal events. At the time of inspection, the facility did not have a body fluid cleanup procedure or kit available.
Water treatment device or backflow preventer not inspected/serviced with documentation as required. At the time of inspection, the yearly certification of the backflow could not be confirmed by the PIC or documentation.
Facility not maintained clean. Floors throughout the facility were observed unclean with debris. Underneath equipment in the back storage area trash and debris were built up.
RFE does not comply with Level One Certification requirements. At the time of inspection, PIC did not have proof of level one certification. Whenever level two certified PIC is not on site, at least one level one certified individual must be on site.
• Culver’s, 2100 W. Main St., Troy — Outer opening not protected. Observed back door with an inadequate door sweep allowing sunlight to enter through the bottom near the threshold. Replace door sweep and eliminate the present gap to prevent the potential entry of pests.
Physical facilities not maintained in good repair. Several areas of tile cove base finish were observed broken, cracked and/or in disrepair. PIC stated cove base finish is quoted to be finished and replaced with kick out metal steel plating.
Corrected during inspection; critical:
Food employee(s) did not wash hands when required. Observed grill line worker take off gloves and proceed with new gloves without first washing the hands. Upon informing the PIC, the food worker was instructed to wash hands prior to donning new gloves.
Equipment food-contact surfaces or utensils are unclean. Observed several food utensils on the clean storage rack with food debris build-up. The utensils were moved and ran through the dish machine at the time of inspection to be cleaned and sanitized.
Corrected during inspection: The utensil drawer across from the dish machine was observed lined with food debris build-up holding clean utensils. Also, on the clean utensil storage rack, observed clean utensils being stored in containers lined with food debris. At the time of inspection, the PIC instructed food employee to run these utensils and the storage containers through the dish machine to properly clean and sanitize.
Non-food contact surfaces of equipment are unclean. The following non-food contact surfaces shall be cleaned: 1. The 4-door reach-in freezer across from the fryers 2. The racking system used for air-drying clean dishes Enhance frequency of cleaning to prevent build-ups
Facility not maintained clean. The walk-in freezer floors and the floors in the dry stock/storage area are in need of cleaning. Remove racks and clean under and behind equipment. Enhance cleaning frequency in these areas to prevent build-ups.
• The Light on the Hill LLC, 2900 Rugged Hill Road, Casstown — No violations documented at the time of inspection.
• Speedway, 1475 W. Market St., Troy — Observed clean utensils being stored inside bins with food debris across from the three compartment sink.
Repeat: Facility not maintained clean. Floors throughout the facility were observed with food debris and dirt build up.
• The Cellar, 1600 W. Main St., Suite A, Troy — Sanitizer being used onsite does not comply with EPA regulations or manufacturers instructions. Observed chlorine bleach sanitizing solution being used that was not EPA-registered. Obtain an EPA-registered bleach sanitizing solution for the adequate disinfection of food contact surfaces of equipment and utensils.
• Holiday Inn Express, 60 Troy Town Drive, Troy — Corrected during inspection; critical:
TCS foods not being hot held at the proper temperature. Egg omelets were observed holding below 135F on the service line (126-133F). Upon informing the PIC, the omelets were pulled and voluntarily discarded.
Ready-to-eat, TCS food not properly discarded when required. Observed an open bag of turkey sausages with a date of 3/17. Upon informing the PIC, the turkey sausage was voluntarily pulled and discarded.
• Residence Inn, 87 Troy Town Road, Troy — Non-food contact surface(s) not cleaned at the required frequency. Observed the following non-food contact surfaces needing cleaned at the time of inspection: 1. The interior surfaces of the microwave oven 2. The undercounter cabinetry near the floor drain to the food prep sink Clean more frequently to keep these areas clean.
Corrected during inspection; critical: Refrigerated, ready-to-eat, TCS foods not properly date marked. Observed several bags of hard boiled eggs with their shells removed in the reach-in cooler without proper date labels. The PIC stated these were delivered and opened Tuesday, 3/23. The hard boiled eggs were properly date labeled to reflect this at the time of inspection.
• Ullery Concession LLC, 7960 Frederick Garland Road, Union — No violations documented at the time of inspection.