Tipp City FD responds to home fire

TIPP CITY —Over the weekend Tipp City Fire Department responded to a Broadway Street home fire that was likely due to electrical issues.

On Saturday evening around 11:30 p.m., Tipp City Fire/EMS responded to a residence on East Broadway Street in Tipp City, for a report of a house on fire. Upon arrival, fire officials located a light to moderate amount of smoke observed inside the home, as well as smoke coming from the rear of the home.

Tipp City Firefighters located a small fire in a wall behind an outlet where a space heater was plugged in. The fire was extinguished. The crews thoroughly checked the home to ensure the fire did not spread through the walls undetected.

The homeowner reported various electrical issues with the home throughout the day, including power surge, and breakers tripping. The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical in nature. The estimated loss to the structure is $5,000.

No injuries were reported to either the occupant or emergency crews on the scene. The occupant was able to escape along with her pet.

Bethel Township Fire Department was dispatched automatic mutual aid. West Milton Fire Department was also requested for an Engine to assist, and an Elizabeth Township Medic crew responded to lend care to the single occupant of the home, who did not require medical attention at the scene. Tipp City EMS crews were handling additional calls for service at the time of this incident.

All crews cleared the scene at approximately 12:50 a.m. Sunday morning.