Inspections provided by the Miami County Public Health Department
• Meijer Distribution Building 804 Mkt. C, 4200 S. County Road 25A, Tipp City — Equipment components are not intact, tight or properly adjusted. Retail freezer light not working properly at the time of inspetion. Please fix and email photo of properly adjusted internal LED shielded lighting fixture to freezer case.
• Meijer Distribution 802 Remote Mkt. C — No violations were documented at the time of inspection.
• Meijer Distribution Building 805 — Corrected During Inspection; Critical: Ready-to-eat, TCS food not properly discarded when required. Observed TCS pre-packaged food items past date of dispostion at the time of inspection. Account Manager/Person-in-Charge removed items for food employee to scan out for credit at the time of inspection.
• Meijer Distribution Building 802 — No violations were documented at the time of inspection.
• Meijer Distribution Building 801 — No violations were documented at the time of inspection.
• Dollar General, 1931 Covington Ave., Piqua — Repeat: Equipment components are not intact, tight or properly adjusted. Observed front reach in freezer with condensation all over the front and inside of the doors. Observed ice build-up on the top of the freezer door.
Repeat: Floors, walls, and/or ceilings not smooth and easily cleanable. Observed a large crater line in floor in the front by the reach in coolers. Cannot be easily cleaned.
• BP, 1590 W. Main St., Troy — No violations were documented at the time of inspection.
• Igloo Drive Thru, 945 W. Main St., Tipp City — Facility does not have an employee with manager certification in food protection.
Plumbing fixtures unclean. Observed build-up on sink counter, floors and toilet.
• Hobart Westbrook Market C, 101 Trade Square, Troy — No violations were documented at the time of inspection.
• Hobart Institute Market C, 400 E. Trade Square, Troy — Non-food contact surfaces of equipment observed unclean at time of inspection. Observed severe ice build up in freezer case. Discussed non-food contact surfaces of equipment shall be kept free of an accumulation of debris such as ice contamination.
• Abbott Nutrition Market C, 1 Abbott Parkway, Tipp City — No violations were documented at the time of inspection.
• Cedar Springs Pavilion, 7931 County Road 25A, Tipp City — No written procedures for responding to vomiting or diarrheal events. Only observed spill kit assembly page of bodily fluid clean up procedures on-site at the time of inspection.
Irreversible registering temperature indicator not readily accessible for hot water mechanical warewashing operations. No heat strips for high temp dish machine. Person-in-Charge discussed obtaining high temp dish machine thermometer before opening for seasonal banquets/events.
• Whole Health For The Whole Family, 22 S. Weston Road, Troy — Hot and cold holding equipment thermometer was missing, located incorrectly, or not easily readable. Observed missing thermometer in freezer unit. PIC was notified. PIC believes it could be in the back of the unit and will look for it.
• Izzy’s Drive Thru, 7500 State Route 571, West Milton — Repeat: Facility does not have an employee with manager certification in food protection. At time of inspection, a copy of an employee level 1 food safety training certificate was not available.
Repeat: Outer opening not protected. Observed door labeled “customer entrance” has a large gap between the bottom of the door and the ground. Opening provides possible entrance for pests.
Repeat: Improper use or placement of insect control devices. Observed rodent glue traps underneath chip racks in drive thru area. Glue traps cannot be used in food facilities. PIC was notified that traps must be removed.
Repeat: Physical facilities not maintained in good repair. Observed a leak in the back store room ceiling. Observed water damaged ceiling in addition to a catch bucket under the leak. PIC stated that roof is scheduled to be repaired.
Repeat: Facility not maintained clean. Employee restroom and hand sink observed to have dust/debris build up.
• CVS Pharmacy, 804 W. Main St., Troy — Repeat: Outer opening not protected. Observed gaps between the shipping garage door and the floor in the back stock room. PIC stated that it has been addressed before, and will be readdressed. Observed opening underneath back door in the stock room. Door does not meet the ground, PIC was notified.
• Casey’s General Store, 200 N. High St., Covington — Repeat: No written procedures for responding to vomiting or diarrheal events. At time of inspection PIC was unable to provide documentation for responding to bodily fluid incidents.
Repeat: No towels or drying device at the handwashing sink(s). Observed hand towel dispenser empty and broken. PIC stated it has been broken for an extended time.
Repeat: Equipment components are not intact, tight or properly adjusted. Observed vegetable wash dispensing unit not properly adjusted. PIC stated that maintenance on the unit will be addressed.
Repeat: Non-food contact surface(s) not cleaned at the required frequency. Build up observed on several nonfood contact surfaces throughout kitchen/food prep areas. Nonfood contact surfaces to be cleaned more frequently to prevent build up.
Repeat: Facility not maintained clean. Observed several areas unclean: bag in box area, walk-in cooler, walk-in freezer, kitchen, chemical storage area, and men’s restroom. Observed unclean floors with build up throughout.
• Walmart, 1801 W. Main St., Troy — Repeat: Outer opening not protected. Observed side delivery door through retail area double doors with an inadequate door sweep. Please replace or repair to protect against entry of pests.
Repeat: Non-food contact surfaces of equipment are unclean. Observed gaskets of deli case doors to have a build up of food debris. Several non-food contact surfaces throughout the fresh food area observed not clean to sight and touch.
Repeat: Water treatment device or backflow preventer not inspected/serviced with documentation as required. Observed backflow preventer in dept. 80 not serviced since 2018. Verifiy with state ceritifed plumber registered in Miami County and have backflow serviced. Backflows shall be serviced annually.
Physical facilities not maintained in good repair. Observed produce walk-in cooler condensing fan not in good repair. Observed an active leak in unit. Also observed a leak in the walk-in cooler meat room condensing unit. Both units were leaking and collecting onto the ground in the walk-ins. Please repair.
Repeat: Physical facilities not maintained in good repair. Observed broken floor tiles in walk-in freezer of the bakery, missing cove tile base in deli dept., and hole in the wall exiting the bakery and heading into the meat area. Physical facilities shall be maintained in good repair.